TADACT is an organisation with the capabilities to think, design, create and modify outside of the box. With a team of volunteers whose skills range from engineering to sewing and an occupational therapist on staff, TADACT is able to make a big difference in the lives of children and adults with a disability and older people by providing assistive equipment that problem-solves for the individual. Some examples of our recent work include:
• a canopy designed and manufactured for a motorised scooter, which now enables its user, who has a disability, to travel to and from work independently, irrespective of weather conditions
• the addition of a metal bar by a qualified engineer to a walking frame for a 2 year old by with cerebral palsy, for whom the walker would have been otherwise unsuitable
• a modified splint to enable grasp of a kick-board for swimming, a forearm support to enable use of a bicycle handlebar and a one-handed fishing rod all to be used by a 6 year old girl missing most of her right hand below the wrist joint
• rehabilitation platforms for Calvary Hospital that enable patients to practice on curb-height steps as they regain their mobility following an injury or illness
• made-to-measure bathroom steps for both Hughes Primary School and the Southern Cross Early Childhood School in Scullin
TADACT provides customised assistive equipment for organisations such as hospitals, schools and therapy providers in addition to individual clients.
Whilst TADACT is a registered NDIS provider, we aim to provide solutions for any and all members of the community in need of our equipment.
TADACT will soon also be providing products and services under My Aged Care.